Welcome to Champion Elementary, my name is Jule DeDea and I am your School Counselor. Please don’t hesitate to call 386-258-4664 ext. 52397 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your concerns. I work with students to ensure a postive school experience.
Guidance services include:
- Individual Counseling – available for anger management, loss, personal concerns.
- Parent Support – conferences and referrals available as needed.
- Character Education – daily lessons on morning broadcast to develop positive character traits.
Positive Self – Talk
Sometimes our anxiety causes us to make negative statements to ourselves. Our negative self-statements can cause anxiety. Positive self-talk is a simple strategy that involves creating and repeating several positive statements. Some examples of positive self-talk are:
- I can do this.
- I know this material.
- I have practiced this material.
- I’m going to do well on the test.
Bully Proofing Our School
What To Do When Others Are Bullied
- Refuse to join in.
- Speak out. Use words like: “Don’t treat him that way.”
- Be a friend to the person who is being bullied.
- Include students who are left out.
Is our word for the month of November. Helpful is giving or ready to give help.